I was tremendously blessed to have Brandon's Mom here for 23 days to help me transition from 2 to 3 kids. She stayed while B was out of town, and took over care of the boys and upkeep of the house. I don't think she will ever know what a huge blessing she was to me.

Today was my first day alone since Selah has been born. I was nervous last night, but was not about to admit it. I kept track of my day for anyone interested in what having two toddler boys and newborn looks like on Day 1 of flying solo:

8:15 a.m. - Selah wakes up and begins an hour long nursing session

9:00 a.m. - Boys wake-up and want their oatmeal so I proceed to make oatmeal with sweet Baby Girl latched on.

9:15 a.m. - Boys start eating and Selah longs to stare at her Mommy until her 1st major poop explosion

10 a.m. - Morning Nap time for Ms. Selah, read books with boys, and color some pictures to send to Ya-Ya

10:15, 10:38, 10:45 - Selah wakes up rooting for a snack

10:30 a.m. - Clean out fridge, boys play dinosaurs (o.k. - Elias plays dinosaurs and Josiah screams as though he's starring in Jurrassic Park)

11:00 a.m. - Hurry to get boy's lunches ready so lunches are made when Selah wakes up

11:30 a.m. - Fold diapers, wrestle dryer balls away from Josiah, cleaned mashed oatmeal off the floor, sweep floors, attempt other chores

12:00 p.m. - Lunch for Selah, lunch for the boys, convince Josiah he wants his pretzels and not his brother's, and pour two cups of water all while Selah eats.

12:30 p.m. - Get Selah back down for a nap, clean up lunch, finally eat my breakfast (????) of peanut butter toast and Zen Green Tea.

1:00 p.m. - Get boys down for their naps, clean our bedroom, and put away Brandon's clothes from trip

1:30 p.m. - Decide to climb into bed for a little nap, Selah smells food within a 10 foot vicinity and decides she needs to eat.

2:00-2:30 p.m. - #2 poop explosion for Selah, she wakes up and we stare at each other until she starts wailing from gas....

2:30-almost 3 p.m. - Try to get Selah to burp, but she goes to sleep instead

3:00 p.m. - boys wake up and we eat snack (wheat saltines w/ peanut butter), we play with helicopters, and they cooked for Mommy in their play kitchen (I got to rest between "prep times" on Eli's bed)

3:30 p.m. - Nurse Selah, Clean Selah's room, and start to put things back in place in her room.

4:30 p.m. - Start getting dinner ready, and cleaning up toys throughout the house.

5:30 p.m. - Dinner is cooking, boys have survived the day, Selah is sleeping in the swing, chore list is done, and Mama isn't tooooooo overwhelmed.


natalie said...

wow! you're an amazing woman. I can barely keep up with one and not get too overwhelmed. :)

elyse said...

you make my brain hurt a little. good job mama!! maybe one day our kids will grow up and realize how awesome we are. ;D